Wednesday 22 May 2013

I'VE BEEN NOMINATED - LIEBSTER AWARD

I was thrilled to see after checking my morning e-mails that Christina from Home With My Tots had left me a comment saying she'd nominated me for the Liebster Award.  Although my posts date back to last year, this blog is in fact only a few weeks old.  I merged some previous posts from other blogs that never really took off and only recently began networking with other wonderful bloggers.  So it's really lovely to see that somebody has thought of me during nominations for this award.  Thank you Christina!


By accepting the nomination, there are a few rules:

1. Send blog love back to the blog that nominated you and link back to them.

   2. Nominate 5 - 11 new bloggers who have 200 or less followers.

   3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.

   4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.

   5. Decide on 11 questions to ask your nominees to answer.

   6. Contact your nominees and let them know that you have nominated them for the award after you have posted yours.




Here are my answers to Christina's 11 questions.

1. What is your favorite TV show?

It's a toss up between Vampire Diaries & Gossip Girl.  But I love LOADS of TV shows.

         2. Have you ever traveled to another country?

I've been to quite a few places.  I took a cruise around the Caribbean (my dad was a Cruise Director for 17 years), visited Cyprus frequently, Tenerife, some other Spanish islands, Tunisia & Egypt.  Cyprus is my favourite place!

         3. Name something you love about yourself?

Hmm.  I love that I'm creative.  Although at times I also hate this part of me.

         4. What is your favorite color?

I don't have a favourite colour.  I love all of them!  I love putting colours together that break the rules.

         5. Who is your favorite President?

I live in England, so I have to be honest, I don't follow American politics at all.  So it would be impossible for me to call a favourite president.

         6. What is your favorite type of food?

I'm a foodie lover so this is tough.  I love roast chicken with gravy and all the trimmings but I also LOVE sausages with eggs and beans.  Then there's creamy carbonara.  I've been gluten-free for over a year now but if I wasn't, Chinese would come up tops.

         7. Do you believe in ghosts?

Not in the traditional sense.  I believe in energy and I believe energy never disperses.  I also believe in parallel universes and our eyes and ears can only see and hear so much on our frequencies.  But that's a conversation for another day ha!

         8. If you had only one day left to live and you knew about it what would you do?

I'd probably waste it crying and feeling sorry for myself.  Let's be honest, anxiety levels would be sky high and it would make it difficult to concentrate on anything else.  I'd likely write a blog post and letters to my friends and family and perhaps even a video recording for my children.

         9. What is your favorite sport?

I've never been the sporty type.  I hated playing sport as a kid and I hate watching it.  I do love the sound of the Grand Prix on the TV on a Sunday though.  Does that count? 

         10. Do you fold your pizza in half, keep it flat or eat it with a fork and knife?

I eat it with a fork and knife.  It's shameful, I know.  But being gluten-free, our pizzas tend to be super hard and I have to cut it up with a sharp knife into small pieces haha.

         11. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

Crazy as in 'wow-awesome' or crazy as in 'get me a shrink'?  If we're talking about the 'wow-awesome' type of crazy, then nothing seriously cool.  I abseiled down a really high waterfall.  I also screamed all the way down!




11 Random Facts About Myself

1.  I'm gluten-free because it helps my auto-immune thyroid disease.

2.  Since being diagnosed with the above, I've become somewhat of a medical wiz and know all sorts of really random stuff about auto-immune diseases.

3.  I like to be alone.  Alot.

4.  I have Emetophobia.  It's a phobia of sick and it has at times almost ruined my life.

5.  I'm training to be a cognitive behaviour therapist.  Partly because of my experience with the above.

6.  I'm terrible at texting & email.  I fail to reply to people all of the time and it's not good for a woman in business!

7.  I gave birth to my second child at home, on the couch, whilst my husband watched Willow on Sky1.

8.  I'm working on my first young adult fiction novel.  It's a dystopian story and I plan to self-publish before the year is out.

9.  I see the numbers '444' EVERYWHERE!

10.  I drink decaffeinated tea.  All day long.

11.  I can't sleep without the TV on. 




My Nominations

Deana Rose @ Tesori Belle

Elise @ Everyday Elise

Ainslee @ A Beautiful Heart

Hilary @ Young Texan Mama





11 Questions For My Nominations

1.  What's in your make-up bag?

2.  Spender or saver?

3.  Currently reading?

4.  If you were to write a book, what would it be about?

5.  Which 3 words best describe your blog?

6.  What made you decide to start blogging?

7.  What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you?

8.  And the best?

9.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?

10.  What's for dinner tonight?

11.  What's your favourite aspect of blogging?




6 comments:

  1. Oh god , a way down to waterfall? It must be "adventurous" + shriek-able ;)
    It's so lovely to see you linking up , I am now grabbing you as friend :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having lots of fun finding all sorts of wonderful new blogs :-) Thanks Noor :-)

      Delete
  2. Loved reading all these little facts! I am hooked on Vampire Diairies too -just got through season 1 - 3 on netflix and love it. And that's so awesome you are writing a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when I first started watching VD, I thought it was soooo cheesy but half way through season 1, even my husband was hooked ha! I'm so in love with Damon.

      Glad you enjoyed my random facts :-) Thanks Holly :-)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the award!
    I absolutely love the Vampire Diaries! I also have Gossip Girl in my instant queue for Netflix.. haven't started it yet though.
    That is so neat that you traveled quite a bit.
    I wouldn't mind hearing more about your answer to number 7 :)
    Those are some really neat facts about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenzie! :-) I hope you love Gossip Girl too! I avoided it for ages and fell in love very quickly when I started watching it.

      Delete

some_text